I cannot speak directly for Pauline, but I want to take a moment and address this generally...
- I do not claim to be an expert. I am nothing more than an interested person who, like all good commentators, strives not only to share information but also to make sure that information is accurate.
- I do not claim to have any great influence upon matters, but this does not mean that I am not involved. I do sail, I do volunteer, and I do try to stay abreast of events. Most importantly, I care, and that is why I do this.
- It is not plagiarism when sources are duly noted and/or quoted. It is the nature of even real academia to gather information from a variety of sources and interpret it from your own perspective. As a Doctoral Candidate in an academic discipline with 10 years of graduate education, this is something I know about. Coincidentally, I got a BA from U.C. Berkeley, Magna Cum Laude, in historical archaeology, so, yeah, I know something about that, too.
- My costume and my blog do not give me authority, only an audience, and for this I am grateful.
- I do, by the way, know how to use the English language correctly, like spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.