Monday, January 30, 2012

Five Thousand!

Some time since yesterday, the number of page views for The Journal of Blue Lou Logan passed the 5k mark.  This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm kind of astounded that that many people have dropped by in less than a year.  Perhaps it's just probability--more time, more posts, thus more likely to be found--but there has been a steady rise in the graph.  There have been over 1,000 views just this January.

There are also trends.  My most popular post thus far is easily my original "The Real Thing Is So Much Scarier" post on Somali pirates, with 309 views.  A lot has happened in that world and my understanding since then, but it's good to know that one of my favorite topics is getting readership.  Interestingly, and half of the hits have happened in the last month, at 190 views my second most popular piece was "Ethics of a Sinking Lifeboat" on the Case of the William Brown.  That's pleasing, because it was a post that was really fun to research and write.  Perhaps this is the pattern:  Is it the pieces where I kinda get scholarly on maritime history that form the backbone of the Journal?  If so, I'm cool with that.  My original intent for the blog was to capture my experiences ON the water, but those just aren't what's been happening.  I'm not a complete armchair sailor, yet I do feel that my strength comes from my academic background.  So if it's a thinkin' man's pirate ye be lookin' fer, I'ze be happy to serve.

Even Somali pirates say, "Logan, you're Number One!"

Thank you to all of those who have passed through:  the regulars, the seekers, and the accidentals.  And if you have any feedback on the past, present, or future of the Journal, gimme some feedback.  I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment